Dream Job: Boy Band

At this point in my life, I am just a few short years away from making my Dream Job of being a doctor a reality. But throughout my life, I often considered taking the road less traveled (by Indian people). In a recurring piece, Jayshiv's Bjournal will take a look at possible dream jobs that I was oh so close to pursuing. Enjoy the possibilities.

Boy Band 
The emergence of new, British Boy bands has made me remember the times when N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, and even LFO ruled the radio airwaves, and not just my "Most Played" iTunes playlist.

I'm glad I didn't join a boy band. Where is Howie now?
When I mention that I once dreamed of being in a Boy Band, people are quick to point out that I can't sing. But the truth of the matter is, attitude and marketing is really all that it takes to make it big today. I have that attitude, and my computer has the autotunning abilities to make me a star. So why didn't I join a boy band?

Every boy band has several members: A hearthrob, a Bad boy, a shy/quiet one, and a guy who is probably gay.

I have the dashing looks and charm to be a boy band lead. I also have the natural swagger and devil-may-care attitude to play the perfect bad-boy. My boyish good looks and innocence would make me the perfect sheltered sweetheart. And I'm eccentric enough that questions about my sexuality would probably arise.

I simply couldn't decide which persona to embody. And that is why I decided to be a doctor.